Thursday, August 11, 2005

St. Francis of Assisi

A poor man who inspired the Roman Catholic Church by literally working towards LIVING the Gospel. He did not not in the way of the typical fundimentalist Christian but instead through following the whole of the teachings of Jesus and living a live of service to others.

He is the patron saint of animals and the environment, and I consider him an inspiration along the same vein as Rachel Carson.

I hope in my daily life that I more towards more closely resembling him.

Konrad

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Bueller said...

Hello, Konrad...
Just so you know...Your brother's blog inspired me to start one of my own. Your style will flesh itself out. For my own part, I am a frequent letter and e-mail writer...and I find that once I write a piece that I'm very satisfied with, I copy it and put it into the blog. Or I transcribe a journal entry into it...one that captures an snapshot of my life that I want preserved. But like your brother, my passions, obssessions, and preoccupations tend to filter through. Words are your paint-colors...throw them up on the canvas and see what kind of impressions emerge.
Good luck to you, Konrad. Looking forward to future entries from you...GaP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home